Monday 10 October 2016

So many books, so little time.



This year, to date, I have read 33 books. There is something so comforting about lying under the blankets, fairy lights twinkling and opening a new book. A new story. A new adventure. I am forever living in a fantasy world (lets be honest, it's far more exciting than the real one) and falling in love with people that don't exist. Obviously, (even though I'd love to) I cannot go into detail into every book I've adored, but I wanted to share with you, my three recent favourites - a little insight into my over-sized library.


Under Rose-Tainted Skies - Louise Gornall
I feel like this may be the most brilliant book I've read all year. I'm not even sure I can put into words, how much I fell in love with Norah and Luke and their story. For someone who suffers with anxiety, reading about Norah's struggle with OCD and agoraphobia and experiencing her falling in love, it was heart-breaking but it was also one of the most inspiring, hope-filled stories I have ever read. Teenage romance, mental health and a girl with the most amazing amount of sass, this book was heart-wrenching, hilarious and beautifully written. Incredible.


Faceless - Alyssa Sheinmel
After losing her face in a fire, Maisie is one of the first people in the world to receive a face transplant. Being a teenager is hard enough, imagine having to start over at 16 with a brand new, disfigured face. This book is so inspiring. I must admit, there were times when I wanted to grab this girl by her shoulders screaming 'Do you realise how lucky you are?' but there were others when I wanted to scream at everyone else, 'Do you understand what this girl is going through?'.
We all want to be beautiful, we all want people to look at us and like what they see - this book proves vanity can be overcome and that the way we look isn't everything.


The City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
The Mortal Instruments series, are 100% my all time favourite books. This is, your perfect fantasy world. There are werewolves, there are vampires, there are witches and warlocks - and keeping them all in line - are the Shadowhunters. Isabella, Alec and the beautiful Jace, along with Clary (who has no idea what the fuck is happening) spend the majority of the six books, fighting for their lives. More teenage romance, demon fighting and the beautiful Jace, (are you sensing a theme here?) have captured my heart and when I finished the series, I spent a long time thinking, what do I do with my life now? So.. I got a tattoo. NERD-ALERT.


Have you read any of these books? What did you think?
Send me your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)