Sunday 4 January 2015

Hello January


Reading // We Are Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. I'm actually only a couple of chapters into this, so I can't really comment on whether I'm loving it or not so I'm going to mention something I have just read. 'Because She Loves Me' by Mark Edwards. Literally one of the best novels I have read in a very long time. It's a thriller, a romance, a drama and a comedy all rolled into one with a huge twist at the end. This is a must read!

Listening to // I'm currently listening to a playlist on Spotify called Young Love. There's a mixture of songs on there including The Vamps, Rihanna, One Direction, Shawn Mendes and a whole lot of others. I'm also loving Demi Lovato at the minute. I seem to have gone a bit pop lately!

Thinking about // 2015. It's January! It's the start of a new year! What are my resolutions? What plans will I make? What adventures will I have? I always spend January thinking about what I want to do with my year, I make so many plans and to-do lists and I probably stick to half of them but it's still exciting all the same!

Loving // Pokemon, big pants and my Kindle. I was brought Pokemon Sapphire for my 3DS this Christmas, maybe you're finally beginning to see what a nerd I am? I literally sit in the bath until I'm an actual prune, playing Pokemon. I also got a Kindle, which is what I read 'Because She Loves Me' on and I love being able to lie in bed without fumbling with book pages (however, reading a Kindle, will never be the same as holding a new book). And, who doesn't love big pants. They're warm, they're comfy and they're just necessary all round. 

Watching // I have just finished watching 3 series of Girls. One of the best programmes I have ever watched! Drama, comedy, sex and Adam Driver. What more do you want in a programme? Lena Dunham is a genius. I haven't been watching much lately due to Stuart watching 1,500 hours of darts - what on Earth - so he's had control of the TV. Although, two films I have recently watched and loved are; Noah and Last Vegas. Get watching!

Looking forward to // January is the month of both my parents birthdays, so that's something to look forward to, I love me some family time. I also have a night out or two planned! Apart from that, January is going to be quite a quiet month for me, I'm getting into the hardcore saving process starting now and also want to get myself ready for Vegas next month - OH MY GOD NEXT MONTH IS SO SOON - and you can also look forward to a few blog posts, as I seem to have my mojo back at the minute :) 

What are your plans for January?

Want to enter my first ever giveaway? It's right here!

- Charli, xo

6 comments:

  1. Great post Charli, can't wait to see what posts you have in store for us this year :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic plans! Lots of reading, sounds very relaxing!
    Amber
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Charli! I've just noted down 'Because She Loves Me' as I want to make sure I remember to read it once I've finished the book I'm currently reading. I also really want to start watching Girls as I've heard so many great things about it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) I've got my mojo back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading! I could spend forever in a library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely need to read Because She Loves Me and you definitely need to watch Girls - both are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)