Friday 17 October 2014

#tamethatmane

BONUS POST

In the last year, the amount of hair on my head seems to have doubled. Most days, such as when I'm at work or when I'm trying to clean and do something productive, having a mass of mane drives me insane and I constantly threaten to cut it all off. However, on the rare occasion that I venture to somewhere other than my mum's or work, I love having thick, long locks that I can curl and attempt to style. It's one of the only things I love about myself and having good hair gives me the most amount of confidence. 

As I said, most of the time having long hair is a ball ache, but I have recently really started to attempt to take care of it. Today I thought I'd share with you a few tips. I don't know if you can call them tips because you might read them and think - she is doing that so wrong - but these seem to be the things that keep my hair big and beautiful. I have also included a few #tamethemane selfies - basically to brag that I sometimes I have nice hair. 

1) I do not brush my hair. You heard it here first, I'm a first class tramp. The only time I brush my hair is either before I get in the shower (rarely) or when I'm out the shower and I'm just about to blow-dry my hair or let it air dry. I condition it well, so it's not like attempting to brush through a bush of Hell, but I do find that brushing my hair any other time makes it flat, greasy and I get too wound up when it's knotty and I can't get the brush through anyway. So there you have it, the girl doesn't brush her locks.



2) I try and leave my hair as long as possible between washes. This usually means every other day, most of the time. If I can get away with it though, I'll leave it two to three days before washing it. All my life I've been told that washing your hair everyday removes all the natural oils that it needs, blah blah (I'm sure you know the story) but the other day I read something that Philip Kingsley had said; '‘If possible wash hair daily - think how dirty your face gets by the end of a day, and you take your hair to the same places.’ No, sorry mate! As we've discussed, I'm a tramp and the mane only gets washed when it needs it. 


3) I only blow-dry my hair if I need to. This is a recent thing but it's the thing that I've gotten most results from. I now only blow-dry my hair if I'm going out or need it to be dry quickly. I now usually let it air-dry, after carefully (no rubbing involved) towel-dry it so it's not dripping down my back (GAG). Since doing this I've noticed my hair grows A LOT quicker, I don't know 100% if it's due to doing this, but I'm saying it is. So. 


4) I very rarely use straighteners. The older I get, the better my hair looks naturally. I am blessed, I know. If I'm going on a night out, I always curl or straighten the mane, but this is a rare occasion. On a day-to-day basis, if I do use my straighteners, it is literally just a 10-second go over to reduce the bed head frizz that I wake up with every morning. 

So there you have 4 simple tips that seem to have helped my hair become more thick and healthy and I just wanted to share my thoughts with you. If I could give you just one of these tips, that you really need to try if you're attempting to grow your hair, is stop blow-drying your hair as often. Oh, and this doesn't happen overnight, it's taken my over three years to have hair like this. 

I'd also just like the point out, that this isn't me being a #selfie whore, having lots of hair in such a good condition is something I'm really proud of and so many people ask me how I get it this way - so I thought I'd help a brother out and stick a post out about it! 

Do you have anymore tips for me?!

- Charli, xo 

6 comments:

  1. Great tips Charli! You do have such beautiful hair! I loved having my hair long, but unfortunately I have really thin hair that knots so easily so it was really hard to maintain! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine gets knotty so easily, hence why I don't bother brushing it :P end up ripping half my hair out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not brushing your hair, tramp ;)! Better make some effort on Sunday ;D

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think I just read this fancying every picture! I so wish I could not use straighteners...but my fringe thinks otherwise!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha, I know, I'm a tramp - but I don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha, why thank you ;) I barely use mine, ATM I'm into having my hair a bit wavy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)