Wednesday 13 August 2014

Garnier VS L'Oreal Paris

I joined the Micellar hype a few months ago by purchasing L'Oreal's Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution. Even though this is classed as a cleanser, I used it as a toner, so shoot me. When I'd finished the product, I decided I wanted to try something else and so I chose Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (much easier title). Though the two are pretty similar, there are a few differences I wanted to point out. 

Micellar Cleansing Water


Micellar Cleansing Water

Okay, so both products are the same price at £4.99 (which I think is a really good price), however with the L'Oreal Paris version, you only get 200ml whereas with Garnier you get double at 400ml. This makes a huge difference in preference for me, why buy half the amount for the same price? Who knows. Both claim to have this 3 step process - removing make-up, cleansing and thirdly, smoothing skin. I do think that both products do this pretty well. They both remove my make-up really well including eye make-up. I've heard they're not very good with waterproof eye make-up but then I don't really wear waterproof so it doesn't affect me. I've also noticed that since using both of these, I break out a LOT less. That may just be because I'm looking after my skin more though. The only negative comment I have, is that I can't use the L'Oreal water on my eyes, but I can use the Garnier - no idea why this is as both products have practically the same ingredients. 

The one downside to both of these products is the amount of product wasted. Both have a hole tops and the amount of product that comes out sooo quickly is annoying. Obviously the solution it to place a cotton pad over the opening and let it soak into it - but it's still annoying. I got through the L'Oreal seriously quickly as it's only 200ml but Garnier has lasted me a lot longer.

After using both, I can say that I'll be re-purchasing the Garnier version for the pure fact that you get double to the product for the same amount of money. 

Have you used either of these products?

- Charli, xo

17 comments:

  1. I've used both, but like you, I much prefer the Garnier micellar water! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garnier is definitely better value for money! Also I just find these products so easy and quick to get rid of dirt/make up ect:)


    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk


    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm yet to try Micellar water but I definitely would use the Garnier one, why wouldn't you, if you get the same price but double the amount? Lovely post x

    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using the Garnier one to take off my makeup. It's so quick and easy, there's no heavy rubbing involved! I also started out with Loreal and quickly switched to Garnier when I realised you get double the product for the same price (or even cheaper if it's on special offer) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! It's better value too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I definitely recommend the Garnier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah it really removes make-up so easily!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree! I'd go for the Garnier :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I think I picked up my Garnier when it was on offer tbh! That might of been one of the reasons I switched, I can't really remember!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love micellar waters, personally I prefer the L'oreal one as I think it's better for me skin.
    I've recently started using the Eucerin 3in1 micellar fluid, I've mentioned it my blog if you'd like to check it out :) I definitely recommend it!
    http://dancinontiptoes.blogspot.co.uk/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the L'oreal one and it is pretty good! I didn't like it at first and I feel like my skin isn't very clean after using it but it has attacked blackheads and helped work as a toner too. It's really not a bad product!


    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the L'oreal one, I love it, really freshens my face :)

    LONDONBEAUTYX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like both of them! I just think Garnier is better value for money!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I like both but for double the product, you gotta stick with Garnier in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like the L'Oreal one, other than not being able to use it on my eyes which I guess isn't the end of the world! But you get double the product with Garnier! I'm a bargain hunter :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does make you feel fresh, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried either of these but think I will pick up the garnier one soon :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)