Wednesday 4 June 2014

Hello June // Currently & Spending Update


Reading // Chosen by Kristen Cast and P. C. Cast - This time last month I was starting the first book of the House of Night series. I am now on the fourth. In one month, I have read almost four books. As you can probably tell, I cannot put these down. I think sometimes I go in the bath just so I have an excuse to shut myself away from an hour to read these. I've fallen in love with each and every character and every chapter leaves me not wanting, but needing more. 

Listening to // At the moment I am listening to Rita Ora, Sigma and Mr Probz. None of these are my usual type of music taste, but I am especially loving Sigma - Nobody to Love - it's what I put on just before I finish a run, when I'm about to tell myself I can't run any further, and this pushes me to run that little bit more. 

Thinking about // The future. I finished Uni last month (finally) and whilst I had the option to jump onto the third year of another course, I chose to finish completely. I am waiting on one result now before I find out my overall grade for the year (if I've passed that is). I've been spending my days looking for another full-time job. Whilst I go up to 30 hours at my current job next week, it's not what I want to do anymore and I'm read to start fresh.

Loving // Having a social life again. I said goodbye to my social life the minute I started my second year of University and after what seems like forever, I'm finally able to do what I want without having assignments at the back of my mind! Another random thing I've been loving is going to the local pub every Sunday or Monday to do the pub quiz, it's so much fun and we all get so competitive! 

Watching // Sorry to bore you again, but it's still Desperate Housewives. Now that I finally have time to watch TV, I'm on the second to last series (the one where Tom and Lynette separate, cue the tears) and even though I've seen all these episodes and know what happens, I still sit and ball at every single episode. There is literally nothing else I'm watching at the moment so hopefully once I finish DH, I'll have something else to tell you about!

Looking forward to // June is my last busy month now for a while. This Sunday I will be running Race for Life with my beautiful friend, Kerry. My aim is to run it in 25 minutes or less (whether this will happen or not, I'm not sure!). Also, next weekend is Download weekend! I wasn't excited for this until I went shopping with the girls I'm going with and we picked up some festival themed stuff and talked about what we were going to do. I also brought my tent today! 

The Spending Ban Update

Last month I put myself on a spending ban and whilst I had nothing left over at the end of the month, I feel like I did really well. I brought no make-up products (other than NARS Orgasm, but that doesn't count, right?), I spent no money on crap that I don't need and I managed to pay £200 off Vegas and put over £100 away towards my spending money for Menorca. Unfortunately I didn't manage to put anything away for a bigger house but I will get there! June is going to be tight for me, with a not-so large pay packet and a festival to pay for, but I'm still going to try and save around £50! So, the spending ban is still on! 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got your social life, I'm still waiting for mine :D. You also made me wanna watch desperate housewives again.
    Evelinkivi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm on the last episode of all time now! So now I need something new to watch!

      Delete
  2. My hat goes off to anyone who does a spending ban! I'd be hopeless!
    I hope the race for life went well, I did it a few years back now and it was so fun :)

    x Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well for the first few weeks but now I'm back into spending on crap again! Lol

      And it went really well thank you! I did it in 33 minutes and raised £250 :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)