Sunday 25 May 2014

Race for Life // 2014


Today's post is something a little different, today I'm asking for your help. Two weeks today I will be running the 5k race, in Nottingham, at 2pm with my beautiful friend, Kerry. I've participated in Race for Life before, about 3 years ago and I walked it in an hour and didn't raise much money at all. This year, I'm doing it differently. I have spent the last few weeks, killing my lungs and ankles, training myself so that I'm able to run the whole thing. I reached a 5k run for the first time this week, it felt awesome! Even though my face felt like it was melting. 

Anyway, what I'm asking you guys for, is a little donation. This is not something I like doing! It feels so damn cheeky! My online target is £100, with my offline target being £50. I'm over half way to my £100 so it would be amazingly awesome, if any of you could donate something as little as £1 to help me reach it. Every single penny goes towards Cancer Research UK and as cheesy as it sounds, it can literally help save lives. 

As well as running for my Grandad, who is currently beating lung cancer, I'm running this for everyone who has ever lost someone to the disease. I am lucky enough to have never had to deal with losing someone to cancer, nor do I ever want to, but I have seen and experienced through people around me, how difficult a loss it is when it does happen. It is something that no person should ever have to go through. This is why Cancer Research UK and events like Race for Life, are vital.



Please click the picture above (my first run) to go over to my Just Giving page, where you can donate anything you want. Seriously, just £1 would really help me out! If you could please let me know in the comments if you have decided to donate, so I know who you are! Unless you'd like to remain anonymous. Thank you in advance and I truly recommend getting involved in something like this! It's such an awesome feeling!

Also, if you are a UK tax payer, if you could please click the 'Gift Aid' box, this adds an extra 25% to your donation with no extra cost to you! It's like free money! 

If the picture doesn't work, here is my Just Giving link.

Thank you!

- Charli, xo




2 comments:

  1. We're gonna smash it! Can't wait :) my lungs hate me though! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally are :) Got my running shoes ready!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)