Wednesday 9 April 2014

theBALM Nude'tude Palette

Morning my little sugarplums,

I have a review for you today. Oh look, I'm getting good at doing these! A few weeks ago I used my Birchbox points to purchase this beauty, that I have been wanting for so long. 





Peek-a-boo!

I mainly wanted it because it was supposed to come with naked ladies on it and everyone loves a good naked lady. No? Oh right. Anyway. What a beautiful, beautiful palette that I now use on a daily basis! Let's get on with the colours shall we?


I am sorry that the writing it so small! I thought it would be bigger :( 

Okay so the top of the palette consists of;

Sassy - A brilliant matt white that I like to use in the inner corners of my eye.
Stubborn - A beautiful matt baby pink that I like to use as a highlighter when I'm feeling girly.
Selfish - This is one of my favourite colours. A smokey grey shimmer.
Sophisticated - A dark, shimmer brown.
Sexy - A 'sexy' dark pink, almost red in my eyes, very daring.
Serious - A matt black that is excellent for finishing a smokey look.


Bottom row;

Snobby - A beige, almost yellow highlighter.
Stand-offish - Another baby pink highlighter, shimmer rather than matt. I use this everyday!
Sultry - A matt tan colour.
Seductive - Another tan, but shimmer this time.
Silly - The most fun colour, this is a shimmer burgundy, almost purple colour, WITH GLITTER.
Sleek - A mature dark brown, almost black.

I actually adore the names of the colours and I think each name fits the colour perfectly. The only colours I haven't used are Sexy, Snobby and Silly because the last two are a bit too daring for me! I need to figure out a way to work them in! My favourite colours are Stand-offish, Selfish and Sophisticated, all work amazingly for the smokey eye effect. I also love that this has a few baby pinks, which you can either wear on their own or as a base for a girly eye look. The pigment of these colours, especially the matts, is bloody brilliant. Not quite up there with Urban Decay, but good enough for me, especially when used over an eye-primer! At £26, I think this is a steal. When this runs out, (which it will) I will definitely be purchasing it again. I would recommend this to any palette addicts out there, go go go!

theBALM Nude'tude Palette - HERE
You will understand the naked lady comment if you click the link!

Have you guys tried this palette?
What did you think?

- Charli, xo


14 comments:

  1. What happened to the naked ladies?! Are they only on some palettes? haha! This still looks like a fabulous palette, I love the shade selection and think the price is fairly reasonable too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I was well disappointed when it arrived! Haha :P It is a gorgeous palette :D

      Delete
  2. I nearly got this and so wish I did brilliant swatches hun
    New follower on Blogluvin

    Carrieanne xx
    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) Have a look on Birchbox! It's only £26 which compared to Urban Decay is a bargain!

      Delete
  3. I really wish I was brave enough to pull of 'Sexy', never would suit me in a million years though. Still a stunning palette!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's a gorgeous colour! I just have no idea how I'd wear it!

      Delete
  4. Love this palette even without the naked ladies! Great review :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello :) just letting you know I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award! All details are over on my blog at faceitamy.blogspot.co.uk :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous pallette and your swatches are perfect! This palette has been on my wishlist for ages now xx
    www.missmakeupmagpie.com ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun, it is such a lovely palette!

      Delete
  7. This looks so good I have wanted some of The Balm's products for so long and this could be the one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)