Friday 7 February 2014

My Perfect Imperfections


Apparently this is quite an old tag? I don't care, I'm doing it now. I saw this over on Hannah's blog at hbbeautyblog and decided to have a crack at it. The whole idea of this is to write 3 'imperfect' things about yourself that you're unhappy with and then 3 'perfect' things that you have come to love. I think this is going to be quite difficult for me seeing as I'm usually focused on all the negative things about myself but seeing as I seem to be a different person these last few weeks, I'm going to focus on the positives! 

'Imperfections'

1) My arms. Yeah, I did just say that. It's a weird one but it's a big one! I literally hate them! They're like gangly twigs that just seem to hang by my side. I don't tend to wear bracelets or bangles because it just makes them look even thinner! I very rarely wear long sleeved tops, unless it's like 123134712412 degrees outside cause I just prefer having them covered up!

2) My confidence. Still after all these years, I am seriously insecure. It's ruined several relationships, it drives Bear crazy and it drives ME crazy because I genuinely want to love myself. I'm pretty certain it's going to take years to fix my broken brain but I have been making progress and am slowly starting to find bits of myself that I like, or finding ways to improve the bits that I don't like, ect. 

3) My temper. This last one was really hard because there are so many things I wish I could change! But my temper has got to be near the top of the list. I am seriously short-tempered. Another thing that drives Bear crazy. I snap so easily, I'm mardy and I hate everyone most of the time! I am however trying to work on this!

'Perfections'

1) My feet. Another weird one, but I literally think I have beautiful feet. I am not a lover of the foot but mine are just so pretty. Even before they were tattooed, I have nice, teenytiny feet with no strange lumps and bumps, no yellow toenails (yuck!). They're just generally awesome. 

2) My tummy. The only other part of my body that I like. It's flat, looks pretty toned and for some reason, is ALWAYS tanned. Not quite sure how that works. But I like having my stomach on show during the summer, I like to flaunt my stuff, yano ;) Not really but, I do really like it!

3) I'm an awesome friend. This can go on either list. It sometimes is more trouble than it's worth. I can bend over backwards for someone and get jack all in return but generally, most of the time, it's so worth it. Being a good a friend as I can be, makes me feel amazing. However miserable I am, I love giving the love. I love telling people how much they mean to me, I'm a right soppy sod, but I don't think that's a bad thing!

So there we go, that wasn't as hard as I thought! I'm not going to tag anyone in particular because I think it'll be really nice if everyone has a go at this! 

Please let me know if you take part in this!
- Charli, xo

1 comment:

  1. If I did this, id be picking 10 or more imperfections.... Going to have to think about this.

    And yes you are a great friend FACT!

    Sian
    xo

    http://sm-beautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)