Monday 6 January 2014

Seventeen Nail Stash

Hello poppets;
 
Seventeen is a make-up brand that is quickly making a name for itself. It's sold in most drug-stores now and I have to say, I'm slowly falling in love with it. It's cheap and it's good quality stuff. So, you can imagine how chuffed I was when I opened up this little beauty on Christmas Day! Clearly people have noticed my nail varnish addiction as this wasn't my only polish set. You are not helping people! Keep 'em coming ;)
 

So the set contains 9 mini nail polishes in a variety of colours (there seems to be no particular theme). Included is 1 Lasting Fix polish, 5 Quicker Slicker polishes and 3 Supreme Shine polishes. Two coats of each colour have been used in the pictures and I'll apologise now for the rubbish quality, for some reason the lens just wouldn't focus on the left side.

 
Here we have Pretty in Pink (DEFINITELY NOT PINK)- this is the only Lasting Fix Polish in the set and is the first one I tried on my own nails. It dries too patchy for my liking. The other two seen here are 'Love' and 'Wickid' and are Supreme Shine polishes. The pigmentation of 'Wickid' is lovely and definitely one of my favourites.
 


 'Risky Red' also a Supreme Shine polish, I haven't used this one and I doubt I will. It's a bit TOO red for me but the quality of the colour is one of the best of the bunch. 'Navy Glint' and 'Peacock' are both Quicker Slicker polishes and I'm currently wearing both of these on my toenails. Navy Glint is a bit patchy and needs more coats but 'Peacock' is my favourite of the whole set. It's bright, it only needs two coats and it stands out above the rest.

 
'Fury', 'Moonstruck' and 'Ruby Gem' are all Quicker Slicker polishes and I quite like all three of these. The metallics are well pigmented and have a nice finish and 'Ruby Gem' is a strong fuchsia that would look lovely for a special occasion.
 
My only problem with this set is that as they are minis, it seems really hard to actually get any polish onto the brush without screwing the lid back on and then off again, which is not what a girl needs when she's making herself look sassy, is it? On the whole, this is a cute little set and I'll definitely get use out of almost all of the colours.
 
Seventeen Stash Set - Currently on sale for £6 HERE
Now if that ain't a bargain, I don't know what is.
 
Did any of you ladies receive this in your stockings?
What did you think?
 
- Charli, xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)