Tuesday 28 January 2014

A Lush Review - Prince Charming

Aloha;
 
I don't think I've reviewed anything from Lush that isn't a bath bomb or a bubble bar. Well, what do we have here? A shower gel, you say? A Valentine's special, you say? Yeah, I say. IT'S NEARLY VALENTINES DAY. Not that I'm excited. I'm only going to London for the weekend, after all. Anyway, that's an entirely different post. Babble, babble, babble.
 

What do Lush say?
 
Originally inspired by the Adam and the Ants classic, ‘Prince Charming’, this shower gel has transformed along the way and now it reminds us of the kind of Prince Charming you’d find in a fairy tale...it’s bold and courageous, absolutely gorgeous, and it smells incredible.
 
 
So this is a cute little shower gel from the new Valentines range. As soon as I saw this online, I was like, YOINK. Oh, how I wish I had saved my pennies. I assumed, stupidly maybe, that this pink pretty would smell similar to Snow Fairy. ALAS, it does not. Well, actually it does a teeny bit, but with a twang. I also thought it would smell like marshmallow, like the Mallow Melt. ALAS, it does not. I really don't like the smell of this and I'm so, so gutted. I desperately wanted a nice new Lush shower gel to make myself smell irresistible. Instead I smell like sickly, sugary, tootoo sweet bleughness. Made up a new word for you there. Other than the smell, it does what it says on the tin (bottle). The colour is lovely and it makes my skin feel soft as a baby's bottom. I just can't stand the smell.
 
At £4.65 for a 100ml bottle, I guess it's an average price for Lush. But I won't be purchasing again!
 
Have you tried Prince Charming? What did you think?
 
- Charli, xo

2 comments:

  1. Awhh no wayyy! It looks so good as well :( Gutted for you!

    Sian
    xo

    http://sm-beautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)