Monday 11 November 2013

#BEDN - Sad news.

So, I've technically failed the #BEDN challenge, as I didn't post yesterday, but I have a seriously valid reason;

On Saturday night, around 8:30pm, my beautiful little Bengal came into the house with a chewed up tail, wet to the bone from the rain and a bloody mouth. It was one of, if not thee, worst experiences of my life. I wrapped him up in a towel and we rushed him to the emergency vets where he was operated on. He had to have his tail (bar 2 inches) amputated and wire stitches in his mouth to hold the bottom of his jaw together. We still have no idea what happened, but to me, it looks like he's had a run in with a dog. There is an Akita a few doors down from us that has already attacked one cat, so whether that is what has happened, we're never going to know.

He came home yesterday about 1pm and he is a completely different cat. He jumps at every noise, he is silent, he stares into space and picking him up is like picking up a rag doll. It's like he's in a trance. I'm really hoping that over the next few days I can coax him out of this shell he's put himself in and bring back the naughty kitten I had before.

So as you can imagine, yesterday I had no time to blog whatsoever. I have some time today whilst at University, so hopefully I can schedule a few over the next couple of days. But seeing as I go to Edinburgh on Thursday until Sunday, I want to spend every possible second with my boy.

I know some of you will think, 'oh he's just a cat' but he is my world and I love him with all my heart.

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is dreadful, I hope he makes a full recovery and is back to his old self soon.
    No cat is 'just a cat', a pet becomes one of the family and these things can be very traumatic.
    I hope you're okay too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have now found that trying to get anti-biotics and pain killers into him is impossible!

      Delete
  2. Oh no :( I hope that he is better soon. It's awful when they are sick especially as they can't tell us what's wrong.
    I've technically failed aswell, am thinking of renaming it Blog Every Weekday in November! Although I may have already failed that aswell! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems a bit brighter this morning :) finally eaten some food! So hopefully he'll start getting better now!

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I hope he gets better soon and back to his old self. Whenever my dogs are ill I don't want to leave there side either, pets are part of the family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)