Monday 14 October 2013

urban decay - naked nail varnish

Around the middle of May this year, I treated myself to the Urban Decay Naked Nails set from Debenhams. It is an online exclusive and was about £25, although though I've just looked and it seems to have gone down a little in price to £21. 

If I'm being honest, I hadn't really started wearing these till recently. The main reason being is that until a few months ago I wore falsies, which were always decorated in crazy colours (not by me) and also, when this set arrived in the post, I was pretty disappointed. Naively I expected normal sized bottles, but these aren't even half. They're tiny! So for £25, that was quite a disappointment. 

But now I have pretty, long(ish), REAL nails so I've been wearing these all the time! Instead of swatching them all, I took the easy root and did a bit of googling, (naughty naughty) and these swatches are pretty much dead on how they look on your nails. 


(From left to right; Naked, Sidecar, Toasted, Smog, Hustle, Creep)


(Creep isn't shown here)

My favourite towards the end of summer was 'toasted' which was very shimmery, if that's even a word. But now we're getting into the colder months, I've fallen in love with the 'hustle' colour. It's such a warm purple and goes with pretty much everything. The only colour I don't really wear is 'Creep', purely because it's a bit too dark for me, I feel like it's a colour I would wear more on my toes. They're pretty quick drying as well, which is always a bonus when you're a busy bee!

As much as I love the colours, I'd of preferred them to be in normal sized bottles as it's probably not going to take me long to use them all. 

What do you think? Have you tried these?

- Charli, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)