Sunday 6 October 2013

maybelline baby lips & bourjois colour boost lip crayon.

Hello my little bloggers, :)
 
So, back in probably my only September post, I said I had a wish list for the month. I brought 2 out of the 3, mainly because the other one (the concealer) was out of stock.
 
I did manage to get hold of Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch and also Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Fuchsia Libre. I have a huge thing for lip products at the moment, I've started becoming more daring with what I wear and with brands that I buy from, as I'm usually a MAC lipstick hoarder. As you can see from my 'lip favourites' post.


 
 
Everyone was raving on about Maybelline Baby Lips so, like the sheep I am, I went and brought myself one. And I have to say, I bloody love it! I sometimes find on occasion that a lipstick can be too strong for everyday wear, so this seemed like the perfect answer. It's such a cute colour, just pale enough for me, too pale and I'd probably look like a washed out fool. It feels A-MAZING on my lips but I wouldn't go as far as to say it moisturises them and I don't actually have to re-apply all that much, though I thought I would. It also smells beautiful which is a bonus. I'll definitely be going out and purchasing some of the other colours in this brand and at £2.99 I definitely recommend it!
 
I also went out and brought Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon and after about 10 minutes of deciding on a colour, went with Fuchsia Libre. I hesitated because it looks very bright and in all fairness, it is rather vibrant, but I've had a few compliments already and I've only worn it once. It's not usually a colour I'd go for, but I just thought 'why not?!'
It stains your lips, so whether you like that kind of lip wear will determine whether you think that's a good characteristic or not. I happen to quite like the stain as it means you don't have to re-apply constantly. On the other hand, it does wear off quite quickly towards the inner part of your lips. Round the edge stays on for aaaages, but obviously from talking/eating/drinking, the inner part wears off quite quick. Brilliant easy application, which is good for people (like me) who aren't as brilliant at staying in the lips when applying lip products. At £7.99 it's cheaper than my usual MAC splurge, so again I'd recommend this product.
 
Both products are now firmly in my make-up case & I think I'll be purchasing more colours, (you can never have too many lip products).
 
Has anyone else tried these beauties? What did you think to them?
 
- Charli, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)