Friday 25 October 2013

fragrance friday; katy perry - killer queen

I received a sample of Katy Perry's new fragrance, Killer Queen, in my October Glossybox, (probably the best thing in the box by far.) I actually already had a sample which I was sent with an order that I purchased from The Fragrance Shop, so now I have two samples, which I am very pleased about! 

This is Katy's third fragrance and though I haven't tried the other two, this is definitely a winner.



What The Perfume Shop say;

Killer Queen, a charmingly playful yet lethally gorgeous Floriental fragrance, opens with tempting dark berries and lush plum that blend into an opulent floral heart. The softness and grace of the heart is highlighted by the Royal Red Velvet flower that leads into an intoxicating background of precious woods and sensual musk.

I think the packaging is beautiful if I'm honest. I love the red and the gold and think it fits in with both 'killer' and 'queen' perfectly. At under £25, I think the packaging makes it look a hell of a lot more expensive. I do think that along with enjoying the scent, the bottle that a perfume is held in, makes all the difference and I genuinely think it helps decide on whether you fall in love with it or not.

If I'm being honest, I'm not particularly good at describing scents. But to me, it smells extremely sweet, (which is my kinda scent) dark & warm, if that makes any sense. It does not smell like 'precious woods' but does have a musky, fruity, slightly floral smell. It's a very strong scent and I think  some may find it a slither over-bearing, but I love scents like this, they're very me. The staying power also seems really good as when I first had a spray, I could still smell it the next morning.

The cheapest bottle I've found is online at; 

The Fragrance Shop - They have the 30ml, 50ml & also a gift set. This store has rapidly become my all time favourite go-to for perfume shopping. It's cheap, delivery is SO quick and you also get 2-3 samples with every purchase.

All in all, I am adoring Katy's new perfume and I will definitely be purchasing on pay day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)